Monday, July 27, 2009

Oh the Weekend

It wasn't too hard to get up Saturday. I just had to lift one leg at a time out of the bed, I had to walk on the balls of my feet because my calves were screaming. I reached for my hairbrush and had to hold up one arm with the other to get my hair pulled back. All in all I was doing ok. I grabbed some peanut butter toast, my water, and headed out the door. We were pretty fortunate, the weather was more like a morning in March than July. We had a great breeze going, got some oxygen in my lungs. I was early, and got there shortly before to meet Robin. She reminds me a lot of my High School trainer, which was probably, ok definitely, the healthiest, fittest time of my life. I didn't realize that I was twisting my hands anxiously around my bottle until she asked if I was nervous. I pathetically jump and whelped out NO. Guess I screwed up that first impression.
We met at one of the local parks, I was surprised to not see everyone from the class before. Apparently, on Saturday mornings, all of the classes combine for a big group workout, there was about 15 of us. Somehow I managed to get smack in the middle beside the girl that Robin, the other instructor, liked to use as an example. Not that I am real competitive, but my brain goes crazy and I guess it thinks that I have to try and keep up with Turbo Girl. I don't even think that she broke a sweat. It was a great workout. So great in fact that I forgot about the pain in my legs in calves, or maybe I just went numb. Can't wait for Tuesday.
Food Log:
Thursday July 23
BF-2 Pieces of Whole Wheat Toast w/pb (One before and after workout)
Snack- 1 cup of fruit (cantaloupe, grapes, watermelon, and honey dew)
Lunch- 1/2 club sandwich from Yesterdays w/ 1/2 bag Baked Lays 2 glasses of Pink Lemonade
Snack- 1/2 cup of Raw Almonds
Dinner- Whole Wheat Bread turkey, American cheese, miracle whip sandwich w/cool ranch Doritos
Dessert- cup of orange sherbet
Friday July 24
BF- Whole Wheat English Muffin, Home made Smoothie (1 c orange juice, 1 banana, 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1/2 frozen peach)
NO SNACK
Lunch- Dan Dan Noodles from Pei Wei, 2 crab won tons and an egg roll, with Orange Tea
NO SNACK
Dinner- Grilled Chicken salad with cheese, no croutons, Ranch on Side
Lemonade
Saturday July 25
BF- 2 piece whole wheat toast w/ pb
Snack- Nature Valley Granola Oats and Honey
Lunch- Turkey, swiss, mustard, tomato on Kaiser Roll, 1 cup of strawberries
Baby Shower Confessions- 1 marshmallow with chocolate, 1 bite of marble cake.
Snack- 1/2 cup of Almonds
Dinner- Century Noodles from Golden Moon, egg roll, and egg drop soup.
Sunday July 26
BF- 2 piece whole wheat toast w/ pb, 8 oz of 1% white milk
Lunch- 12 chips with salsa, tablespoon of guacamole, OTB House salad with ranch on side, 1/2 crispy chicken taco, black beans.
Snack- Plum and Spacial K w/ Berries and 1% milk
Handful of Almonds
Dinner- Spring mix salad with baby spinach, grilled chicken, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, balsamic breeze spritzer dressing, pan seared squash with EVOO, salt and pepper.
Dessert- Angle Food Cake w/ fresh strawberries, 1/2 banana, and cool whip

No comments: