Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Boot Camp



So, I am redirecting the purpose of this post for the time being. I signed up for "Boot Camp" at a local gym called Hot Mama's Fitness here in Weatherford, Texas. I am fortunate enough to have wellness benefit through my wonderful employer that pays for such an experience.

The First step in this process is to have a body analysis. Sounds wonderful, there is no one that I feel needs to analyze my body but me, but they insisted. Let me just start off by saying there in no better way to start off your morning than with a girl that gets to work out every day probably for multiple hours, measuring your ahem, arms, waist, bust, inner thigh, and ankle only after each measurement to cough, look up at me suspiciously and then quickly scribble them down before I tell her they must be wrong. Then to have the same areas pinched with this little clamp that calculates your BMI. For my sake I will not exploit my measurements, I was somewhat pleased, and determined once I found out where I truly was. Now to give some credit where it is due, Emily was very sweet and encouraging. I would be too if I could work out all day. Oh, did I mention that the said girl is my age. What a slap in the face. Just goes to show you that mother hood is truly about sacrifice.

Honestly, I am very excited. There is nothing more empowering than a group of women, coming together to get results. Seriously, men should fear us.

The trainers suggest we keep a food journal so I will put this here too. I think the more we expose ourselves the more accountable we become.

My first class is tomorrow morning 5:30a to 6:30a, wish me luck.

No comments: