Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day 1


What the heck have I gotten my self into?! Let me start off by saying that you know it's going to be hard when your trainer says, "Despite the rumors, I am not Hitler...... Welcome to H*%#." (I added that last part.) I started off the workout feeling pretty good she had us walk around the square once, and then once more running to warm up. Not bad, I was almost at the front. I could have been first but I thought it wouldn't be good to start the morning knocking someone down so I could come out on top just to be flattened 5 minutes later.
We started off with lunges, then push-ups, the 1 minute of Jumping Jacks and repeated the process 3 times. Doesn't sound too bad, have you ever did jumping jacks for 1 minute, harder than it sounds. Then we ran, again, I could barely keep my feet out in front, but I made it running the whole time.
Next it was squats, I wanted to tell her that I didn't need my legs to get any bigger, jokingly, she didn't think it was funny. So I did them all, 75 of them. Next came tricep dips, not too bad, then MORE SQUATS. COME ON! Then we ran some more. This time was definitely harder, I had to think about running over Emily (our trainer) every time my foot came off of what felt like quicksand, one foot at a time. I know they are supposed to be supportive, and when you get done you really appreciate what they have done. But do they really have to be able to run in front of you, beside you, and backwards shrieking words of encouragement? I really need to work on my cardio at home that way the next time won't be such a killer. Looking around, I realized I was still in the middle of were everyone else was, not too bad. No one was smiling anymore, except for the trainer, I think I saw her eyes turn a shade of red every time she gave us a new task. Then she announced we were almost done, finally we got to go inside to work out our abs. And boy did we. I thought this was going to be a cinch. I know the rules of working out, especially #1 keep breathing. I thought I was doing well, until I stood up and almost passed out while all of the oxygen came back to my head. All in all it was a good morning. Need to work on my stretches at home tonight.
Oh yeah food journal from July 22, 2009
Breakfast- 1 piece of cinnamon raisin toast, home-made smoothie consisting of 1 cup of orange juice, 1/2 c yogurt, 1 banana, 6 frozen strawberries, and 6 frozen peaches.
Snack- Nature Valley Sweet and Salty Almond Granola Bar
Lunch- 1/2 potato with cheese, tbl spoon of sour cream, tbl spoon of margarine, s & p, Baby Spinach with Ceasar Spritzer Dressing
Snack- Orange
Dinner- 6 0z prime rib, other 1/2 of potato
I did well UNTIL Stephen wanted a treat and I made Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies, I think I ate 2 cookies in batter.

No comments: