Thursday, February 25, 2010

People these days....

Let me start off by saying that my husband is wonderful. No this vent is not about him, but I know that I have been on edge lately, and he does really well and rolling with the punches. I don't think of myself as a needy person, actually I am pretty independent. I don't expect everyone to jump up and do things for me just because I am pregnant, I mean I am only 4 months along and still very capable of doing all that I need to. I am just always amazed at the lack of consideration for others in this world. For example, the other night at gymnastics they have a big long bench for the parents to sit on and watch their kiddos, it is the full length of the wall. Well, the parents of the class before us strings out all of their stuff, backpacks, shoes, coats etc so that no one can sit there. The bench could easily accommodate 8-10 adults but no, the privileged 3 that sit there and see the rest of us standing are completely oblivious. I know that this sounds petty, but it is every week!

Next, it is AMAZING how much unsolicited advice you receive when you are pregnant. Not that thoughts from people I know aren't expected, but total strangers. I was in the nail salon and this lady gave me an earful about how I was harming my baby by being in there with all of the fumes. I bet she would flip out if she knew that I dyed my hair the entire time I was pregnant with Boston and he turned out just fine. I have checked with my doctor and all of these things are perfectly fine if I can stand the smell, but it will not hurt my baby. I even had someone ask how far along I was the other day, and they said that was impossible because I should be bigger. I am proud that I have not ballooned out and my weight gain is right where it should be. Like I said all of these people are strangers, so once the shock goes away, I think I find it all very irritating. And of course 6 months from now this will all be very humorous.

No comments: