Thursday, August 20, 2009

Some me time.


It has been quite a long time since I have had a manicure and pedicure. To be exact it was November of last year when I had a break at an office conference in San Antonio. Obviously, I did not have a child or spouse in tow, so with another eager co worker willing to go we set off to the nearest salon.

So yesterday, it was no surprise, when the man prepping my feet said, "It's been a long time huh?" I tried to act like I didn't hear him while I was reading a current issue of People. But then he proceeded to tell me "Don't worry, we have medicines that will clear that right up." Oh my, were they seriously that bad. I mean I do own a scrubby stone and some foot soak. I think they just try to help you justify spending the money because obviously you really need to get it done.

I was glad when he started talking to his wife in a different language. I mean I am sure it was about my ugly feet but at least they saved me the embarrassment.

It was much needed (obviously), much deserved and now I am refreshed and ready to go. I am honored to be in a wedding this weekend for my lovely friend Amber. I am sure she will think my feet look pretty.

No comments: