Monday, September 28, 2009

Month of Teeth

Ok since the month is almost over I guess it's time to fill in the blanks. First off Stephen had his 6 month check up since his back surgery in March. Everything looks good, he is healing well, his foot drop has improved tremendously.
Boston had dental work done on all of his molars, top and bottom. It was caused from de-calcification from antibiotics he had to take when he was teething. He was a trooper, he had to be put out for the procedure. The whole thing took less than an hour. Now, he has "Transformer" teeth. Children certainly are more resilient than we give them credit for. He went home and slept for about 3 hours, woke up and was right back to normal. I know it was harder on Stephen and myself than it was on him. It was like Christmas, he got a couple of new toys to keep him occupied, he got to eat lots of pudding, Popsicles, and mac and cheese it was a child's dream come true.
Me, on the other hand. I had to get my wisdom teeth pulled last Friday. Yes, I know most people get this done when they are younger, but I put it off, and then they got to the point where I had no choice. The procedure went fine, the meds where great. However, I think I have a dry socket, or let me rephrase that, I think I have had a dry socket for the past few days. People said, Oh no, you will know, well I am telling you, I NOW KNOW!! I just hope I haven't waited too long for them to be able to help me.

No comments: