Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes

At what point do you tune out what your children our saying? Or at what point do you think maybe you should listen to their unbiased, uninfluenced opinions. The other night we were on our way to gymnastics and my wonderful child tells me I need to put a shirt on. Now, I DO have a shirt on, like I said we were on our way, but it was a tank top. Not a wife beater, not a camisole, but a classic tank from the gap. I told him, "Honey, I do have a shirt on." His reply, "but it's inappropriate." Ok what do you do with that?! Do you worry that you child has any fashion sense, do you wonder does everyone else feel this way. No, I take the mature approach. I ignore him, what does he know he is only 4. (but I did ask Stephen what he thought when we got home and he said I look fine)

No comments: