Saturday, April 17, 2010

Where has time gone?

So I had to register Boston for Kindergarten this last week. As I write this I have the feeling in my stomach that I am fixing to cry. Maybe it's the pregnancy hormones, maybe not, but I can't believe this day has come. They did an assessment test and he did great. Confirmation of mine and Stephen's choice not to pursue Pre-K, the world tries to grow up kids way to quickly these days and I guess I felt there was no need to put that much pressure on him and us as parents. He is so anxious and has asked every day since when does he get his locker. We have to classify time into significant events, "Your birthday is after your last soccer game, the baby will be here before you start school, you start school after the baby is here." Oh to be a kid again and have no worries just major milestones to look forward to.

I can't believe he will be 5 next month. 5 years of watching the world through a child's eyes is truly humbling. He has grown into such a sweet and loving little man. It seems like yesterday we brought him home and now before we know it we will be bringing Baby Cox #2 through the same doors.

I pray this summer we can continue to make memories. I hope being pregnant doesn't hold me back too much to enjoy his last times before he officially enters his school years. I pray that God prepares us for the new adventures of a family of four.

1 comment:

Lloydeane said...

I hear you baby girl. How is it that my baby is having another baby? It seems just yesterday that I was bringing my precious baby girl home from the hospital. You, Stephen and Boston are so special to me. I am truly blessed. I love you guys. I can't wait for Boston to come spend some time with me this summer.